The HISD Office of Special Education Services’ Child Study Division is presenting over 30 back-to-work training sessions for Evaluation Specialists, Licensed Specialists in School Psychology (LSSP) and Speech Therapists beginning Monday August 10th! A few of the topics that will be covered and discussed in these training sessions will include:
- Impacting disproportionality by high level analysis of cognitive assessment results. Attenuating or controlling for culture and language differences when identifying a student with an Intellectual Disability.
- Written translation for Prior Written Notices and Consent forms relevant to evaluation.
- 2014-2015 celebrations and review of the 2015-2016Comprehensive Program Improvement Plan (CPIP)
- Refining referrals from the Intervention Assistance Teams (IAT)
- Introduction of 2015-2016 professional learning options: Including Twitter Book Studies, Feature Films, Ad Hoc discussions (to provide feedback on policies, procedures and professional development), combined collaborative training sessions with Evaluation Specialists, LSSPs, and Speech Therapists.
- New employee orientation sessions
- Cross-Battery III methods for Specific Learning Disability identification
- Test instrument training sessions.