The FIE Writer is a browser based system designed to assist in the evaluation writing process and to compliment EasyIEP. FIE Writer will also serve as a data warehouse to support internal efficiency.
During FIE Writer Implementation all questions or concerns should be directed to your Lead Evaluation Specialist, Lead SLP, or Lead LSSP.
1. How do I obtain FIE Writer Access to schools that I am not assigned?
To request access to additional schools in FIE Writer, contact your Lead Evaluation Specialist.
2. I am conducting a reevaluation and was unable to obtain consent. The system does not allow me to move forward without consent. What date do I place in the consent for evaluation field, when consent for reevaluation was not obtained?
When conducting a reevaluation and consent is not obtained, enter the last evaluation consent date that is available.
3. I am receiving FIE Writer Compliance alerts for out of date evaluations, but the data are incorrect. How do I request a data correction for a FIE or consent date that is in error? Click here to request a change with a FIE or consent date that is in error.
4. I am receiving EasyIEP evaluation compliance alerts, but the parent never gave consent for evaluation. How do I delete a referral in Chancery SMS so the student will no longer show up in EasyIEP.
- On the Special Services Referral Panel, Click the check box to the left of the referral line.
- Go to ACTIONS (at the top of the screen) and delete the referral record.
- Wait 48 hours and contact your Lead Evaluation Specialist to delete the referral/consent event in EasyIEP