FM Systems for students with Section 504 Accommodation Plans
The HISD Child Study Division provides FM systems or sound field equipment to eligible students with a Section 504 Accommodation Plan. The FM systems are issued through the Child Study Material Center and are for use during the school day only. Please adhere to the following guidelines to check-out and ensure proper management of this equipment:
- Contact the Material Center Coordinator to request an FM system. Provide the student’s name and HISD ID number.
- You may retrieve the FM system from the Child Study Material Center (see address below). Systems are released to HISD personnel only.
- Training on the use of the FM system is provided at the time of check-out.
- Perform daily checks to ensure that the system is operating efficiently. Report all problems concerning the FM system to the Material Center Coordinator immediately.
- The Material Center Coordinator will arrange repair or replacement of the system as needed.
- All FM systems are returned to the Material Center at end of the student’s academic year or if the system is no longer needed to implement the student’s Section 504 Accommodation Plan.
- Notify the Material Center Coordinator if the student transfers to another HISD campus.
Regenia Harris, Material Center Coordinator
4040 West Fuqua
Houston, Texas, 77045
Office: 713 434-4717
Fax: 713 434-4714
Technical Support General Hardware/Software
To receive assistance addressing problems with software and hardware components (HISD laptop, desktop, printer, monitor, etc.) and coordinating repair, contact the HISD Service Desk.
Service Desk Contact Information
Phone: 713-892-7378 (SERV)
Press 3 for Technical Support
Sevice Desk Hours of Operation
Phone support hours of operation are 6:30 am – 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday, excluding holidays. The email line is active 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Please contact Regenia Harris regarding recommended repairs not covered by warranty.